Did you know that pineapple is an effective painkiller?
This delicious fruit is not only sweet and tropical, it also offers many benefits to our health, because besides being a very good fat burning fruit, it is powerful anti-inflammatory and has also analgesic effects. Thanks to its bromelain component, the need for medication can be eliminated. This aspect is also very useful for detoxification, because the less toxins we enter our bodies, our immune system becomes less busy.
Recipe: Hawaiian Green Smoothie
“There are many definitions for the word pineapple. Here are some below.
1. Pineapple – An old style hand grenade
2. Pineapple – Something that has no business being on a pizza
3. Pineapple – the nickname of an Australian $50 note
4. Pineapple – A prickly, but sweet and juicy fruit
Today, we’re discussing no. 4.
- Pineapples are members of the berry family
- During the 16th and 17th centuries, the pineapple symbolised welcome. Women crocheted pineapple doilies, made pineapple bedspreads and pineapple door knockers.
- Spongebob Square Pants Lives in an underwater pineapple house.
Why they’re good for you…
Pineapples are packed with vitamin C and potassium. Pineapples may also have anti-inflammatory effects. It contains the enzyme bromelain, which is thought to aid digestion.
Pineapple reduces blood-clotting and could also help to remove plaque from arterial walls.”