INGREDIENTS ROASTED TOMATO GAZPACHO
2.5 lbs mixed heirloom tomatoes slow roasted ala Mollie Wizenberg of Orangette (sans coriander)
1 cucumber seeded and sliced into 2 inch thick rounds
¼ inch slice of red onion
½ to 1 jalapeño seeds removed if you’re not into heat
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
¾ teaspoon hot smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon sea salt (I used smoked sea salt)
INGREDIENTS YELLOW PLUM SALSA
1/2 of cucumber, seeded and chopped into ¼ inch pieces
2 yellow tomatoes seeded and chopped into 1/8 inch pieces
2 yellow plums chopped into ¼ inch pieces
1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
1 teaspoon very finely chopped jalapeño
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspooon white wine vinegar
finely ground black pepper
finely chopped fresh parsely (about 1 tablespoon)
INSTRUCTION ROASTED TOMATO GAZPACHO
1. Allow your roasted tomatoes to cool to room temperature then add them to the jar of your blender, next add your cucumber slices, onion, and jalapeño and give a good whirl until well combined.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy looking. Taste and adjust seasonings if need be. Chill the soup while making the salsa.
INSTRUCTIONSYELLOW PLUM SALSA
1. Add cucumber, tomatoes, plums, onions, and jalapeño to a large bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar, sea salt, and pepper and combine well.
3. Pour olive oil mixture over cucumber mixture and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning. Then add parsley and allow to rest in fridge while flavors get cozy with one another for 30 or so minutes.
Serve nice cold soup with a big spoonful of yellow plum salsa on top.